Harry Potter and the Charity Shop Shirt

Happy Friday, my lovely readers!

As you may, or may not, know – one of my Christmas presents this year was tickets to the Harry Potter set tour at Warner Bros Studios in Watford. Being a complete and utter Harry Potter nerd, you can imagine my excitement when I found out!

I decided to wear my new charity shop shirt to rock the dark, gothic floral trend of AW12:

Vintage shirt – £3

I paired the shirt with jeggings, thick socks and Chelsea-style boots for a look that was comfy and casual, yet fashionable.

I then added a vintage leather jacket to toughen up the look, and a warm, cream scarf in order to battle the cold:

Needless to say, the set tour was amazing! I was astounded. You don’t realise how much hard work goes into creating the sets, props and costumes for the films. Just being able to walk round the place where they filmed a lot of the scenes blew my mind.

I don’t want to spoil it for people who haven’t been, therefore I’m only going to upload a few photo highlights. But if you’re a fan of Harry Potter, you should definitely go if you get the opportunity! It’s not to be missed.

Outside the entrance:

In the Great Hall:

Admiring Dumbledore’s office:

Exploring Diagon Alley:

Buying my first Butterbeer:

It’s very tasty! Sweet, creamy and not quite fizzy – but certainly scrumptious!

Outside Number 4, Privet Drive:

And, finally, the pride and joy of the Art department – a 1:24 scale model of Hogwarts – which was really impressive:

I also bought myself a few goodies from the gift shop (it had to be done!):

My favourite is the Deathly Hallows symbol necklace. Expensive, but SO WORTH IT. It’s incredibly cool:

I can’t wait to wear it!

God bless you J.K Rowling for the magic that is Harry Potter!

(Check out the article I wrote for IDEAL, on the do’s and don’ts of charity shopping here. Note: this post is dedicated to my Grams, who loved Harry Potter almost as much as I do. RIP, forever in my heart. Xo)

12 Comments

1. January 11, 2013 / 8:11 pm

Do you make a habit of finding great things in charity shops? I've not found anything in any of the ones I look in except for a photo frame haha. Love the shirt! xx

2. January 11, 2013 / 10:17 pm

Hey,

Harry Potter studios looks amazing, I am taking my daughter for her birthday, she is Harry Potter daft!

Txx

3. January 12, 2013 / 3:33 pm

Claire – admittedly, I'd never found anything of value until I came across the shirt! And now I'm more willing to give charity shops a try 🙂 you just gotta be prepared to hunt! Xo

Tracy – That's a great idea, she will love it! Hope you have fun and let me know how you find it. Xo

• January 14, 2013 / 7:41 pm

You certainly do have to hunt! I'm determined to find something, my boyfriends mum found a genuine Louis Vuitton bag in there for £8! Sometimes they have no idea what they are selling, hence that bag being so cheap.

Thanks for the lovely comment about my hat and my blog by the way Katie. I love yours and I've started following 🙂

montageme.blogspot.co.uk xx

4. January 12, 2013 / 6:23 pm

Wow, so lucky! Would love to go there! 🙂

5. January 12, 2013 / 7:39 pm

I do love a thrift store find 🙂

6. January 13, 2013 / 8:54 pm

Ah I went here last May and absolutely loved it. Im a crazed Potter fan too, you've reminded me to pop a post on here as I took 100's of photos!
    I love the necklace, I really wanted to get a chocolate frog but for £8 I nearly fainted! Great post x

7. January 14, 2013 / 11:18 am

Great pictures!! Your blouse is really stunning!! I love the pattern and the colors so much:) Suits you!!

Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

8. January 14, 2013 / 5:21 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words 🙂 for those of you who left links – I will be sure to check them out!

LOVE-xo